Network with the Region's Most Prominent Civic Leaders
Feb. 28, 2019!
When is this program offered?
This one day event will take place on February 28, 2019!
- Connect and grow relationships with established regional leaders
- Learn how you can make a difference by getting involved with civic engagement programs at Pitt
- Earn Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC) credit
- Free food!
All University of Pittsburgh students pursuing any major or degree are welcome to register and attend.
Registration for the February 28, 2019 event will be available online on January 7, 2019. Registered students will receive a formal invitation and confirmation of attendance. We are very excited to host many regional leaders; therefore, we are looking for robust participation. It is requested that you do not register for the program unless you are committed to attending, as space is limited.
Application Due Date: February 22
2018 Community Mentors
The 2018 Never a Spectator Event keynote presentation was from Grant Oliphant, President of The Heinz Endowments, and the following list details the event's community mentors.
- Mr. Aerion Abney, Former Program Officer, POISE Foundation
- The Honorable Albert “Chip” Abramovic, Commissioner, Venango County
- Ms. Samantha Balbier, Executive Director, Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership
- Ms. Diana Bucco, President, The Buhl Foundation
- Ms. Esther Bush, President and CEO, Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh
- Mr. G. Reynolds Clark, Former Vice Chancellor and Special Assistant to the Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh
- Mr. John Denny, Chair, Elsie Hillman Civic Forum, Principal, Denny Civic Solutions
- The Honorable Hal English, Member, PA House of Representatives
- Ms. Anna Hollis, Executive Director, Amachi Pittsburgh
- Commander Eric Holmes, Commander, City of Pittsburgh, Bureau of Police
- Mr. Ronald Kaufman, Senior Strategic Advisor and Independent Consultant, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Ms. B.J. Leber, President and CEO, Adagio Health
- Ms. Kathy McCauley, Manager of Strategic Planning, Allegheny County Department of Human Services
- Mr. Wasi Mohammed, Executive Director, Islamic Center of Pittsburgh
- Mr. Mark Nordenberg, Chair, Institute of Politics, and Chancellor Emeritus, University of Pittsburgh
- Ms. Soo Song, First Assistant U.S. Attorney, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Rabbi Ronald B.B. Symons, Senior Director of Jewish Life, Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
- Ms. LaToya Warren, Assistant Deputy Director, Forensic Services, Allegheny County Department of Human Services