Network with the Region's Most Prominent Civic Leaders
Making a Difference through Active Citizenship. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
When is this program offered?
This one day event has already taken place in 2019, but stay tuned for 2020!
- Connect and grow relationships with established regional leaders
- Learn how you can make a difference by getting involved with civic engagement programs at Pitt
- Earn Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC) credit - Leadership Development
- Free food!
All University of Pittsburgh students pursuing any major or degree are welcome to register and attend.
Registration for the 2020 event will be available online on January 6, 2020. Registered students will receive a confirmation of attendance. We are very excited to host many regional leaders; therefore, we are looking for robust participation. It is requested that you do not register for the program unless you are committed to attending, as space is limited.
Application Due Date: February 22
2019 Community Mentors
The 2019 keynote presentation was delievered by Shawn Robinson, a former Pitt football player who started a non-profit called Orange Arrow, which has a mission to coach young student athletes to aim for success off the field.
- Samantha Balbier, Director, Institute of Politics, University of Pittsburgh
- Jennifer Beer, Vice President of Government Affairs, Allegheny Conference
- Mike Capsambelis, Google Product Manager and Awesome Pittsburgh Founder
- Marita Garrett, Mayor of Wilkinsburg
- Valerie Gaydos, PA State Representative, R-District 44
- Saleem Ghubril, Executive Director of Pittsburgh Promise
- Sara Innamorato, PA State Representative, D-District 21
- Lori Mizgorski, PA State Representative, R-District 30
- Mark Nordenberg, Chancellor Emeritus of the University of Pittsburgh
- Nadyli Nuñez, Operations Director of AscenderPGH
- Lindsay Powell, The Pittsburgh Mayor’s Assistant Chief of Staff
- Shawn Robinson, Founder and President, Orange Arrow
- Michael Rooney, Program Officer of the Hillman Foundation
- Mila Sanina, Executive Director of PublicSource
- Jada Shirriel, CEO of Healthy Start
- Andréa Stanford, Assistant County Manager
- Richard Taylor, CEO of ImbuTec
- Mekael Teshome, Vice President and Senior Regional Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Jeaneen Zappa, Executive Director of Conservation Consultants, Inc.