Connect with Pittsburgh's Most Prominent Civic Leaders on February 27, 2020 Register today!
Making a Difference through Active Citizenship. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
When & Where?
When: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 4:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: University Club, Ballroom B
- Connect and grow relationships with established regional leaders
- Learn how you can make a difference by getting involved with civic engagement programs at Pitt
- Earn Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC) credit - Leadership Development
- Free food!
All University of Pittsburgh students pursuing any major or degree are welcome to register and attend.
Registration is now available! Registered students will receive a confirmation of attendance. We are very excited to host many regional leaders; therefore, we are looking for robust participation. It is requested that you do not register for the program unless you are committed to attending, as space is limited.
Application Due Date: February 21
2020 Community Mentors
The 2020 keynote presentation will be delivered by Wasi Mohamed, a Pitt Alum who has made significant contributions to Pittsburgh as the former Executive Director of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh, especially in response to the Tree of Life tragedy.
- Feyisola Alabi, Special Initiatives Manager, Office of Mayor William Peduto: Office of Equity
- Samantha Balbier, Director, Institute of Politics, Pitt
- Jenna Baron, Executive Director, Alliance for Refugee Youth Support and Education
- Doris Carson Williams, President & CEO, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western PA & President Judge, Court of Judicial Discipline
- Bridget Daley, Associate, Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney
- Erin Dalton, Deputy Director, Office of Data Analysis, Research and Evaluation, Allegheny Department of Human Services
- Austin Davis, PA State Representative, D-District 35
- John Denny, Principal, Denny Civic Solutions
- Ketaki Desai, Head of Strategy, Translational Sciences, UPMC Enterprises
- Jamie Ducar, Director of Community Engagement, Office of Community and Governmental Relations, Pitt
- Aliya Durham, Assistant Professor & Director of Community Engagement, School of Social Work, Pitt
- Melvin El, District Office Chief of Staff, Office of State Representative Edward C. Gainey
- Angela Garcia, Executive Director, Global Links
- Michael Giazzoni, Director, College in High School, Pitt
- Shenay Jeffrey, Assistant Director, PittServes
- Elisa Long, Supervisory Assistant Federal Public Defender, PA Western District
- Wasi Mohamed, Community Advocate on Diversity and Inclusion
- Sabrina Saunders Mosby, President & CEO, Vibrant Pittsburgh
- Mark Nordenberg, Chancellor Emeritus, University of Pittsburgh
- Emiola Jay Oriola, Program Manager, Office of Interfaith Dialogue and Engagement, Pitt
- Leslie Osche, Butler County Commissioner
- Jada Shirriel, Chief Executive Officer, Healthy Start, Inc.
- Alka Singh, Director, Experiential Learning, School of Computing and Information, Pitt
- Victoria Snyder, Founder, Diversity Partners; Executive Vice President, Ya Momz House, Inc.